Thursday, July 22, 2010

Do it yourself room.



My headboard is made out of two hollow doors. I got a discount on the doors because they had been punctured. Then I hinged the two doors together on the front and back. Next I sprayed adhesive on the doors & laid my foam on top, wrapped it with black corduroy fabric all the way around, & stapled it on the back. It is about 3-4 inches thick and It can be a big dramatic queen headboard turned vertically & a king size headboard turned horizontally. The bed is just pressed up against it, no need to mount it because it sits on the floor.



This was a brass chandelier that I found at Salvation Army for $4 and spray painted black. It is probably my favorite piece in my room and was SUPER cheap.




This chair my mom found at Blue Suede Shoes in Bryant for $20 and then we had it recovered... so cute!




This dresser was my great-grandmas that I painted black & added antique pulls. It was originally a yellow/orange wood with boxy wooden pulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment